View Single Post
  (#61 (permalink)) Old
ICantCreateACoolUsername Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,133, Level: 13 Points: 8,133, Level: 13 Points: 8,133, Level: 13

Re: Science, religion...thoughts - March 30th 2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
Nowhere in the bible does it say to stop searching for answers. It says to search for answers, and it says to trust in God and He will give you answers to the things that you need to know. Nothing in the bible goes against science/the universe/how our Earth is at all. Everything in the bible is proven that it can be true. So since I became a Christian and started reading the bible (about a year ago), I have learned how the bible says everything works.....and then looked to see if it could all be true based on what we know for 100% sure about our Earth.....and none of it could be disproven. So, I learned that, and believe in the whole bible as fact. That's what I meant. I know that not all of the bible can't be proven as fact, but I also know that none of it can be disproven.
Haha, nothing in the bible goes against science? Uhh... what about creationism? What about the tidbit about the flat earth and that all the planets revolve around the earth? There are so many contradictions, at best
the bible is a bad fiction story.

The things in the bible which cannot be disproved are unfalsifiable hypothesizes. For instance, if I say I can fly when nobody is watching me or when I'm not being videotaped... there is no way you could disprove it. If I say I have an invisible dragon which can't be seen/ touched/ heard/ tasted/ smelled, can you disprove that?

I'm sorry but your whole argument is laughable at best,
it's sad how people can still believe in myths from the bronze age when so obviously it's as childish as the tooth fairy. Arguments like this really make me wonder where society is going...