(#64 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Science, religion...thoughts - April 1st 2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
Think of "God" as a theory, no one can prove 100% he is real. Yet some people believe in it and some do not. Like any theory it is impossible to prove. Simply by saying "No one can prove God really exsists for 100%!" is silly, because no one can prove gravity exsists 100%.
Another person who doesn't understand the premises of science... .

In science, nothing is proven 100%. When you start using that as an argument, to me it shows you're uneducated about science. I'll support that by your age of 13 and having not learned much science yet in school. Although no theory is 100% proven or disproven, many of them have very little opposing theories, making it a pretty strong theory to a point where it'll be called a "fact". For example, there's a lot of evidence of the theory of gravity, there's books on it. However, look at the scientific evidence opposing it. There's very very very little. The same with Louis Pasteur's germ theory, very very very little scientific evidence against it. In fact, it was used to show the idea that life just "pops" out of nowhere is incorrect. Previously, those who opposed it just said it was wrong but couldn't show how it was wrong until Pasteur came along and had his experiments replicated with modern equipment thousands of times with the same result.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)