(#3 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: LGBT-Friendly society - April 1st 2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeto-X View Post
What would an LGBT friendly society look like?
The reasons, groups involved or promoting LGBT hatred would all have to be removed so it wouldn't just be a chance in people's view, it'd be removing many groups and a change in people's views. I would expect such a society to be relatively free from negative stigmas however, it wouldn't be one where everyone is fine with LGBT. There could be ignorance and people blaming LGBT as a reason for why certain people did something so it would develop counter views.

Quote:
How would the cultural expectations change? Would there be a change in media to become more LGBT equal?
Much of the media is driven on demand, that is, interest of people. If people are interested in LGBT but a greater amount is not, then the media may want to play in a way to please the larger group. However, to maintain balance, the media would show more LGBT content.

Quote:
Would there be social cues to allow LGBTs to identify each others sexuality? (i.e. a bracelet to represent that you are a lesbian and thus not looking for a man to date, ect.) Would their be more or less cultural integration between Heteros, Homos, and Bis?
Some people currently do wear items to identify their sexuality but if they go around doing this more and more, it segregates them. However, people are often able to figure out one's sexuality without needing to view braclets or pins on them. I suppose if LGBTs were equal, then doing so could drive a wedge between the LGBT group and society as well as within the LGBT group itself.

If they keep wearing items to show their sexuality, I think others may get annoyed with seeing that all over the place, causing hostility as it may be like people acting as though they were a broken record.

Quote:
Would there be a dramatic shift in proclaimed LGBTs?
Probably.

Quote:
How would the Economy change? Would it be better, worse, or no change in the economy if LGBT was accepted?
There may be more advertising for LGBT items and events, which could better the economy.

Quote:
How would social justice change? Would there be any change in Lawlessness, crime rate, and in general social stability?
I think the crime rate would be around the same but a change would be in the perception of people who commit offenses against LGBT members as they are more accepted.

Quote:
How would the views on sexual maturing and adolescents in general be different? Would it expected for teenagers to go though a phase of sexual questioning and experimentation? Or would we grow up just KNOWING that we are gay or straight?
I think there may be more people saying their sexual orientation as there's no longer any negative perception of it, although it wouldn't be expected for teenagers to go through experimentation.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)