Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Is this rape?
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Is this rape? - April 3rd 2011, 04:28 PM

A lot of rape cases than don't involve a weapon doesn't mean it's any less scary for the person. Most women are raped by someone they know (close friend, boyfriend, family member...) rather than someone they don't know. A lot of girls fear if they try to say no to someone, that they will end up getting hurt anyway and forced to do, so I think that's why a lot of girls give in. On top of that, for 'not trying to push off and try to leave', sometimes, it's not so easy to do that. The guy could be bigger than she is, and become very dominating and in charge and she wouldn't be able to push him off and just walk out the door like nothing happened.

As for some of the scenarios you brought up, the hand on the leg thing isn't rape but it's harrassment, as is the second one about the friend wanting to have sex. If someone puts his hand on your leg and it's not wanted, then that constitutes, in my opinoin, as sexual harrassment. The second one does as well. She was technically forced to do something she didn't want to do only because she was being pressured into it. As for the third one, I think it does constitute as some form of rape. If there wasn't any intercourse involved, then it's not a big thing. If however, there was, then yes, I do think it does.

A lot of guys have gotten their futures ruined by just some stupid mistake that they made, but others actually do this on a day to day basis without much care in the world. This is why I thank the Lord day in and day out that there are rape kits to help catch these bastards that feel they need to prey on women to feel something, or feel good about themselves. It's just not right.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011