Thread: Triggering (SH): Cutting.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14

Angry Cutting. - April 7th 2011, 07:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, I am a pretty severely messed up teenager, and this just proved it:

I've always been very curious (in a twisted way) of the affects of a knife on the pale, thin, skin of ones wrist. I've done it before and I scared some of the people that I love pretty bad. I suppose when I did it then, it was because I was depressed and wanted to try it out. But today however, I was just curious. Curious as to the sting of a cold blade piercing the skin. Curious to see if blood would come out. So, I took a kitchen knife from a knife block and made one clear and neat line on my wrist. I didn't go deep at all. (Probably because I am too scared to see what would happen, which is good, because it shows that I'd be too scared to commit suicide.) And when it didn't come out the way I wanted, I made another just above it. This one did draw blood. And it did it faster than the other one. I got it calmed down now, it stopped bleeding and I put neosporin on it. So there are two questions to this.

1: What is wrong with me and why is this happening
2: Is there a way to keep it from poofing up and looking suspicious???

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

Last edited by *Jen*; April 7th 2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Trigger label added