Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Is this rape?
View Single Post
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Is this rape? - April 10th 2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgrenadeheart View Post
The person asking should have taken no for an answer. It should be obvious to them that persuasion is taking advantage. If the other eventually agrees, it is agreeing out of pressure.

Like I mentioned earlier, just because you may feel pressured doesn't mean you're off the hook. Just because you feel pressured doesn't mean that you have no other choice. If all else fails, you could walk away and tell an adult about it, or call the police. If all you do is give in and have sex out of pressure, that shows that you put minimal effort into resisting. What if someone you love was on the verge of dying and a health professional was taking his/her time, eating a sandwich, putting forth minimal effort? If your loved one were to die, would you blame the health professional for not doing a good job? Probably. Minimal effort is no justification. Just because you do a couple things doesn't mean you can turn around and say "even though I eventually had consensual sex with him because I said yes, I'm still calling rape." In these circumstances, there was no forcible rape -- plain and simple. Pressured doesn't mean forced. You can be pressured into doing something, but the distinct difference between being pressured and being forced is the difference between having a choice. If you have the choice (which in these circumstances you do), then there was no force being used. Regardless of why you consented, the argument probably wouldn't last very long in the justice system because that's not credible enough evidence to suggest that it was rape.