Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Is this rape?
View Single Post
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
her_beautiful_mistake Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21

Re: Is this rape? - April 10th 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
I was in agreement with you until this point, because without further clarification that could be quite a dangerous statement. "Taking advantage" covers all manner of situations, ranging from someone having had a few too many to drink and lost some of their inhibition to someone being unconscious (I have read case reports where that has happened, scarily). The former wouldn't on its own be rape unless it could be demonstrated consent was not given and the man proceeded anyway, but the latter would be rape as consent cannot be given. Indeed, the SOA 2003 picks this out as an instance where consent is presumed to be absent unless there is very strong evidence to the contrary. I understand what you're trying to say, it's just perhaps something which should be phrased very carefully in the context of the offence.
Sorry - wasn't clear

I meant for eg.
someone has split up with their fiance that morning, you have sex with them - taking advantage yes, rape no
someones mother died last night, you have sex with them - taking advantage yes, rape no
someone is upset/vulnerable for other similar reasons - take advantage yes, rape no

Not being unconscious. Or too high/drunk to consent.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.