View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: Developing an Eating Disorder or not??? - April 18th 2011, 09:53 AM

I can't actually diagnose you with an ED, but from what you are telling me, you could very well end up with anorexia. You know yourself what you are doing isn't right, or you wouldn't have posted. But I am glad you did, because I really feel that you need some help.

One thing - we need to eat, everyone does. Now I had this told me so many times, did it make a blind bit of difference? no! And I doubt it will change you either!
The thing is, I can only tell you this and that, and urge you to stop now before you really do get yourself trapped in an eating disorder, and the best way to prevent this is to actually tell someone so you can have some physical support, someone who you can talk to throughout the day, maybe a parent, sibling (possibly not your brother), maybe a close friend, teacher, or even a counselor. These people will be able to help you out!

You can't win with an eating disorder. Because if you do lose lots of weight, you will be found out, and possibly sent to inpatient treatment, if you still refuse to eat you will be tube fed (I have had this - it sucks) and you will gain weight - and you may possibly end up larger than you ever have been, if you have always been classified as underweight. It would be better to do this healthily, stay at the right weight for you and have control over your life, as opposed to be forced to eat etc.

Anorexia sucks, it really is a terrible thing, and you lose so much more than weight. You lose happiness, self control, friends, family, trust, energy, and even love....you lose everything. Don't be another statistic! You have the power to change this right now!

Take Care!

By the way - I was in the Gold Coast in January! I love it so much! You are so lucky! I love the theme parks!