Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: 3 months pregnant and I didn't even know? - May 8th 2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leochick123 View Post
Hey now, there is no reason to be rude, and you are being rude.

We're not saying that the realities of what she is going through and will have to go through shouldn't be brought up we're saying that after 17 (I counted) times, she gets the point. We don't need 17 people to say the exact same thing. Honestly yes if she can't handle the truth of it she probably can't handle two small babies, but no one needs to have 17 out of 20 people constantly telling them how bad it is. She gets it, and you know what? 3-5 people out of all 20 gave her support, 17 only stated bad facts on what could happen, no support there. The goal of TH is to yes state the facts, but to also support. What kind of reputation does it give to Teenhelp if 20 people post and 17 of them post the same exact thing, in turn scaring the absolute shit out of someone who is only 11 and did not ask to be in this situation. I'll say it, it makes it look like this site doesn't care whether they're helping a person or only being repetitive to the point of scaring an 11 year old out of her mind. And Teen help is supposed the place where anyone can go to get help without judgment. Now how is it not judgmental for 17 people to post the same thing. I agree I was wrong by posting my first post, I was the 6th person to say the same thing, and that was too much, but 17?! 17?! Really? You can not sit there and tell me that someone needs to hear the exact same thing, demeaning her at that, 17 times. I'll admit,not every one of those 17 posts is demeaning but the majority are, because they aren't saying, "Look, it's your decision, you already have the facts from the above posters here's my suggestion, if you need help or support PM me," No they all only tell her how bad her situation is. Well you know what, it's enough. honestly 5 is too much, I think at the most 3 of those posts telling her how bad her situation is is fine, at the most. But again, 17?! Every single person who posted after the third post stating that is not helping TH or her in anyway, myself included when it came to my first post. At least Shannon tried to show support, and because she's trying to get people stop, that's trying to tell her it's all sunshine and rainbows? I don't think so. She's trying to give her the support that TH offers, that very few others are giving her.

Yes I realize some may see this as rude and that's what I was against with my first sentence, but people aren't getting that every single post only saying how bad her situation is after the third one is rude. Yes I know this is a rant but it's because apparently 14 (only 14 because I said 3 at the most have the right to say the same thing, even 3 is pushing it) people, again including myself in my first post, don't read or don't care about her feelings.
I couldn't have said this better myself!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011