Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I'm gonna go to Alcohol Anonymous.. - May 10th 2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
You are not too young to have a problem. From what I know, support groups are usually very welcoming because they have all been in the same situation and understand what you are going through. Please do not be afraid to go and reach out for support.

I think it's great that you have acknowledged your problem and are getting help. I wish you the best of luck!
I agree. Keep in mind; the famous actress Drew Berrymore went through a drug and alcohol problem at the age of 13, and got clean while she was still in her teens.

Don't ask someone to buy alcohol for you; it could have serious repercussions for those people if they were to get caught. Buying alcohol and tobacco for miners is a serious offense, and even if that person was someone you don't even know, you don't want to get them in trouble.

AA meetings are very open. Nobody asks you your age, and you don't even have to speak out during the first meeting. Just go and get a feel for the environment, as well as the people. When you feel ready and comfortable with speaking up, go ahead. Use a fake name if you want too. It's all anonymous anyways, nobody will know your using a fake name.

You went through withdrawl symptoms, which is why you were feeling like you were going to die. When your body has become so accustomed to having a certain substance in it all the time, then when it's removed, it feels as if your going to die. I went through a few bad months of withdrawl after I got help with my drug problem. It's going to happen; you just need to have the strong will not to relapse back into drinking.

Remember; there are people out there willing to help you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.