View Single Post
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Why is it cool to get pregnant - May 17th 2011, 02:29 PM

Tell ya' what... There are some teen parents who are also my friends doing a much better and more "involved" job at being a mother than some of the 20's-30's mothers that I know. Age doesn't matter when it comes to the actual act of being a nurturing mother. Age can make a difference in finances, sure... And that's very important when raising a child. But even if you make all the money in the world, it won't mean anything to your baby if you're never around, or never pay attention to them. Not every teen who gets pregnant is "mother" material... But it can be learned. And if it isn't, I feel very sorry for the child. Justifying that pregnant teens are whores by saying it's just a first reaction is ridiculous... Do you look at older women who get pregnant and first reaction is, "Man, she's a whore, I bet." Even if it's just a first reaction. I look at teen mothers in a much better light than the deadbeat fathers that leave them. (Not that they all do... But a good bit of them do.)

It's not easy being a mother... Even the older ladies make mistakes. So you can bet that the teen is going to make mistakes as well. It certainly doesn't help when you're constantly prodded at... being called a whore, reminded of what you can no longer have the freedom to do, etc... when you're trying to be the best mother you can be. If you haven't experienced it, you really don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Do you think it's only teenage parents who have a hard time? Or who may end up wishing they had children later in life? Or that they would have furthered their education before having children? Or have better finances? Sorry to shock you, but there are many 20's-30's+ parents who I've heard say the exact same things.

If the teen mom is a whore, why isn't the older mom as well? Because the teen is single? Well, there are older single moms as well... They're whores? I'm not seeing the logic other than "You're a teen who got pregnant, so my first reaction of you is that you're a whore... And your kid's life is going to suck."

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 641789 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!