Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Polyamorous Dating? - May 27th 2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonQueen View Post
so, in health today...we're reviewing sexuality type stuff, and I noticed that apprently having more than one partner makes you uncleanly. Sure the possibility of getting something from someone your with is higher but if you're protected why is it so wrong?

this doesn't really affect my decisions greatly but it does make me wonder if i'm going to get automatically labelled as a slut for having a boyfriend and dating someone who isn't him at the same time and attract guys for the wrong reasons...
It's pretty obvious that you are going to be judged and labeled. That's how society is. It's your choice what you decide to do with your body, but don't just assume that because you use protection, your not still setting yourself up for STDs. If you give oral sex, and your partner (either partner(s)) has herpes, you are at risk of catching it. Sure, condoms do help somewhat, but it's not always the case. There is still a chance the condom can break, and a lot of STDs are transferred through bodily fluids.

It's still your decision, but you still need to prepare yourself for the consequences of what might happen.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011