View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 06:10 PM

Becci, don't worry about the weight numbers. It happens a lot in this forum. All that would happen is I would edit them out because I mod this forum. But you're not in any trouble, dear, so you can relax.

But anyways, back to your post. It's no wonder that you're having these feelings. I mean, if all your family is on about their weight and such, then it's ingrained in your memory. I can understand the feeling of being scared to gain weight. I'm going through the same thing you are, kind of.

There are other ways to maintain your weight, other than starving yourself. Which, is very unhealthy for you and cause some health problems. What you can do is do it the healthy way. And what I mean by that is eat healthy and exercise five times a week for about 45 minutes a day. But you have to eat with it. Just get some little work out DVD's or go to the gym with your friends. I'm going to give you a link to a healthy eating guide, which can be found right here

Lastly, if you're not opposed to talking to someone, I highly suggest you do so. It sounds like you really want the help, and I think that's great. Can you talk to your parents about this? If you can talk to your parents about this, then they can hook you up with a therapist and maybe a nutritionist. What they do is create a healthy diet plan for you and account for your weight, height, muscle mass, BMI, etc. The only thing you have to do is stick to the plan. Make sure you mention your fear of gaining weight. They are all realllllly understanding about that, can help you to feel better. <3