View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
oOo.NICKI.oOo Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nicki

Points: 10,642, Level: 15 Points: 10,642, Level: 15 Points: 10,642, Level: 15

Re: Tattoo as an incentive to stop SH? - June 25th 2011, 04:59 PM

I completely understand where you're coming from about it being a weird way of attempting to get someone to stop cutting. I feel as though the incentive is her way of trying to help and trying to make the situation better.

From experience, I believe a lot of people who haven't cut don't always know the best way to handle the subject. Parents often try to assume that it's not a big deal and this "phase" will just go away. I think this is her way of dealing with the situation. Cutting can sometimes be a topic that make people very uncomfortable. As I'm sure a lot of us have noticed, cutting tends to be a very hush hush subject; no one wants to talk about it. Due to this, many people don't know how to react to the situation.

If a tattoo is very meanful to your cousin and is something that she really wants and it will help her to stop cutting then I'm all for it. However, if the idea of a tattoo doesn't help her to stop cutting then I don't see any real reason for this being an incentive for her.

I hope for the best for both of you. I know how hard it can be. Incentives can be very helpful when it's the right thing. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk