View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Water

Points: 9,798, Level: 14 Points: 9,798, Level: 14 Points: 9,798, Level: 14

Thumbs down A friend and I can't hang out any more because or religion - June 30th 2011, 12:28 AM

My friend comes from a very religious christian family. My family are well, not. I was raised very open minded, so honestly for all I care she could believe in covering herself in peanut butter and running naked through JCPenny, it makes no difference to me.

Since we started hanging out I could tell that the idea of having different beliefs always made her a little uncomfortable, but she was getting used to it. But whenever she'd come over, her mother would call every five minutes for about half an hour, and then come get her? For no apparent reason and would always say things to my friend like "I'll tell you later" when she asked why. So her mom's really strict about studying and stuff and considering exams were nearing I assumed that was why. Well it's summer now, and I haven't seen her yet.
I really miss her and I just don't think it's fair that I can't see her because I "use the lords name in vain", think it's okay for people to be gay and don't agree that all black people are criminals. It's ridiculous.
I'm always very respectful to her mother, yet she still hates me. And thinks my whole family runs some kind of drug corporation because my brother's had his encounters with drugs.

Does anyone have any advice?