View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21

Re: Religion and Atheism. - June 30th 2011, 05:26 PM

I don't get up in arms just because I think another person is wrong. Everyone is wrong about all sorts of things; I don't see that as reson to get upset. What does make me stand up and argue is when I think that a person's wrong idea is also harmful to others. Religion falls within the category of things that I feel is harmful to others, so I argue against it. People do have the right to believe any silly thing they wish, of course, but they don't have the right to not have the idocy or the harm of their beliefs pointed out to them.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.