View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ac2 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 11,965, Level: 15 Points: 11,965, Level: 15 Points: 11,965, Level: 15

People keep asking me if I am pregnant - July 4th 2011, 11:42 PM

I've had body image issues for a long time so this has hit me really hard. The past 3 months I haven't gained any weight, I've been doing crunches and sit ups, I've not changed at all and all of a sudden a lot of customers at work are asking me if I'm pregnant. I'm talking like 6 customers in the past few months. I've only ever been asked once if I was pregnant out of work but to be fair my dress made me look about 9 months gone. However, usually it's just been at work.
I am really curvy, I have big boobs and a big bum and I have thighs. I'm a woman, not a stick, and I know that's how I'd rather be.

Beyonce and Rihanna have got real thighs and bums and they have gorgeous figures and although I don't love my figure I don't mind my curves. I do have a flat stomach though. I always have had a flat stomach. It's toned and I don't think it looks bad at all. But when they tell me they think I look pregnant I was really, really upset. I always just say "no I'm not" and smile but it's starting to make me hate coming to work. I really don't know what to do anymore. I started wearing a baggy uniform top but that seems to have made things worse. My work clothes are not flattering at all and I told my boss it was hurting me so she said she'd order me a blouse but she gets so busy and there's only one day for placing uniform orders and they take weeks to arrive. I just don't know what to do. It's making me really upset. Can anybody give me any help with this?