View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Is this an addiction?... or what? - July 8th 2011, 04:10 PM

Well, basically I have recently become very dependant on paracetemol (wow, look at me, I'm so hardcore :/)

I went through a phase a couple of months ago, where I had really bad headaches. I asked my mum (who's a doctor) and she didn't see any need to see my GP about it, and just to take some paracetemol. So for about a week, I was having a dose of paracetemol (2 tablets) 3 or 4 times a day.

The headaches stopped after about a week, so I'm okay. But THEN my exams started, and I'd have the occasional not-so-bad headache, but I saw it as a sort of excuse to have paracetemol. Then some mornings I wouldn't have a headache, but I'd have a paracetemol anyway 'just in case.'

And now, I feel like I sort of need them. I go without any for a few days, but then I feel... odd. Kind of like I'm hungry, but higher up, in my chest. And I know I need paracetemol, and when I have it, I'm okay. I've tried alternating with ibuprofen, but it doesn't help. I just want paracetemol.

I've never overdosed, so don't worry about that, and I have no intention of doing so. I've never had more than 4 doses in 24 hours (8 tablets) which is the maximum allowed.

I just... I'm not sure what this is. Like, am I addicted to them? I can't have them that much, because my mum buys them, and would notice if they kept disappearing. So, I've started hiding them in my room in case I really need them.

Any idea of what's going on? Advice? Am I delusional? :')