View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Might Have Miscarried and Didn't Know I was Pregnant - July 12th 2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
We had unprotected sex, and the next day I had signs of ovulation. We did use birth control though, which I have been on for 2 years.

But the day after ovulation, I began to spot (and had my period the last day we had sex). I always ovulate near my period. I should not have been spotting.

I also began cramping the day I was spotting, and this lasted about a week. The cramps were just real light, and my menstrual cramps are VERY painful. I suspected I might be pregnant, but it was too soon to test.

The following week, I spotted some more and then at 2 1/2weeks after sex, I began to bleed heavily and had major lower back pains for about 3 days. The 3rd day I clotted, which I don't clot on my period and it was still about 2 weeks before my expected period.

I tested at about 3 weeks and had negative result, then I tested again around 5weeks (currently) and it was negative. I am now going on 2 weeks late for my period, and I haven't missed one since I started birth control.

My doctor told me if I did miscarry when I think I did, then it would explain my missed period and should get it the following cycle.

It's all iffy and I guess I'll never know, so I guess it doesnt even matter.
Kelly, if you are on the pill, then you shouldn't be ovulating at all. Part of the reason that the pill is effective in preventing pregnancy is that it prevents ovulation.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you were ever pregnant. Signs of pregnancy do not show up the day after intercourse, so even though you suspected you were pregnant, there is really no reason for you to suspect that. And if you didn't get a positive pregnancy test, then I think that makes it more unlikely. Also, if you've been taking your birth control correctly, then the chances of you falling pregnant are so slim to being with.

I am sorry that you are going through this though. If it was me, I would be so upset about not knowing. Have you spoken to your partner about this? Perhaps talking about this with him might help you gain some closure on the situation.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.