View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
escape_thereal_world Offline
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Might Have Miscarried and Didn't Know I was Pregnant - July 12th 2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post

Kelly, if you are on the pill, then you shouldn't be ovulating at all. Part of the reason that the pill is effective in preventing pregnancy is that it prevents ovulation.
Actually, it is possible to, though you shouldnt. I was.

Quote:
Honestly, it doesn't sound like you were ever pregnant. Signs of pregnancy do not show up the day after intercourse, so even though you suspected you were pregnant, there is really no reason for you to suspect that.
I never said I had signs of pregnancy, but signs of implantation. If I had ovulated the day after sex, then I could very well have been having signs of implantation bleeding. And there was reason, which I just stated as well just a feeling. And my period did not show up, despite me being on the pill which has always regulated me. That is when I started to think I was pregnant. When it was a week late, thats when I started to look back on my calendar and worried about how long I had spotted and not actually bled then missed my period.

Quote:
I am sorry that you are going through this though. If it was me, I would be so upset about not knowing. Have you spoken to your partner about this? Perhaps talking about this with him might help you gain some closure on the situation.
I have and he agreed (as he has known me the 2 years) it was just a very strange month and I could have miscarried or might not have. We're not hanging on it though and moving on. It's just strange to hear from my doctor that its actually very common and apparently 20% of known pregnancies end up in miscarriages and a larger portion end up that way without most women knowing.