View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23

Re: I'm not sure what I think about organized religion anymore - March 2nd 2009, 02:42 PM

Do whatever works for you. I find religion laughable to be honest but that doesn't mean I think less of anyone who is religious.

To quote from a facebook group: Click

Quote:
A growing percentage of the worlds population identify themselves as 'athiest' (do not believe in god or any sort of supernatural diety) or 'agnostic' (believe that god can niether be proven nor disproven and is a theorhetical possibility

These athiests and agnostics lead normal happy lives. demographicaly they are made up of a disproportionate number of highly educated intellectual people, including some of the worlds leading scientists and nobel prize winners.

They do not attend church/temple/mosque. They do not pray or pay any attention to god or 'spiritual' matters in their daily life, and yet they lead happy fulfilled lives. No fire descends from the heaven to consume them. They do not feel lacking or deprived.

These people are living testament to the fact that god is unescesary, if everyone on the planet was athiest or agnostic life would carry on regardless.

So why do some people feel the need to believe in god? why do some have 'callings' and yearn for spiritualty while others press on happily without it?

Could it be that spirituality is a psycological condition perhaps induced by a genetic defect or mayb early child hood conditioning?

After all if you sudenly started telling people at work or home that you feel 'someone is watching you at all times' that they are 'guiding you' and that they are invisible but you just know they exist and you talk to them every night, those that care for you might call the men in white coats.

But if a few million people world wide do this and get organised into groups well thats ok then, isnt it..........?

Please dont be offended by this blog if you are of a religious pursausion, remeber the religious right still maintain that homosexuality is a 'psycological disease' To this day gay men and women recieve 'treatment' in clinics using barbaric outdated techniques such as electro shock therapy.