View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Points: 12,783, Level: 16 Points: 12,783, Level: 16 Points: 12,783, Level: 16

Re: Scotland plans to stop cheap alcohol - March 2nd 2009, 06:25 PM

As one of the ones who were 14/15 harrasing 18 year olds to buy us alchohol, i apoligize i now know how annoying it is now 12 year olds come up to me and ask me to buy them lambrini. ><

anyway
I just saw this on the news, and it does all seem a bit strange, it might stop a few kids binge drinking, but to be honest, where as they'd just like buy a bottle of wine or cider etc for £3ish, all they're going to do now is club together and buy something like Vodka. What i'm trying to say is that a lot of people are going to find ways around it, Like when the smoking age went up, The people who smoked underage anyway, just got their older friends to buy them cigerettes just as they did before.
I just think that they just want a quick-fix with dealing with binge drinking rather than like educating people and taking the time to think about it etc. they're just like uhhh, quick put the prices up so kids cant afford it.

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though I’ve been in dark places, I’ve survived and learned and become stronger".