dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Religion in the census. - August 12th 2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Wings View Post
I see debates rather than arguments, honestly though I won't go down that road as people just seem to have difficulty trying to figure out which is which. As for the few arguments that exist they exist due to people not understanding what debating is. Overall that comment seems a bit null and void. A certain amount of agitation will of course exist but arguments over nothing technically I don't see. I see slight arguments every now and again with a cause (mostly lack of knowledge on what debating entails) I however have not seen someone just randomly post only to cause arguments.
I would start off by saying that was a general observation based on two stints on TeenHelp, and that it is based upon a distinction between a good-natured exchange of differing views (debate) and a bandying about of accusations and in some cases insults (argument). Even over the last 18 months (my second stint), I have seen a number of examples of both, hence why I felt it best to nip that one in the bud. As such, I hope you will appreciate I respectfully disagree with the suggestion that it was a "null and void" comment, based as it was on personal observation and experience. You are right in saying that people do not just randomly post to cause arguments - they have arisen nonetheless. The "over nothing" comment was more to do with said arguments often having very little, if anything, to do with the actual topic being debated at all. I trust that clarifies the statement suitably.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 702933 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!