Thread: Alcohol abuse?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Alcohol abuse? - August 26th 2011, 08:20 PM

Hi, I'll respond since nobody else did. I apologize if my answer is unhelpful. However, I will try.

Well, I'm glad you don't think you're an alcoholic. However, it raises a red flag to me that you swipe other people's alcohol and you demand more.

By admitting that you turn into a different person while intoxicated, is a good first step. I think your boyfriend has voiced his opinion to keep you away from alcohol for a while because of the vulgar behavior while intoxicated. This is a genuine concern for your well being. It seems to me that you get out of control while drinking and you're not sure what's too much and that's another warning sign for me. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say anymore, so I apologize, but I agree with staying away from alcohol and giving it a break for a little while.

Maybe make sure someone with you limits you and you don't go back for more while intoxicated. I know you like the feeling of drinking and what-not. But if you continue down this path, it could lead to alcoholism. That sounds like the last thing you want. If you really don't want to stop drinking all together, then try to limit yourself, stay around people who care about you, and maybe talk to someone (like a professional) about why you may be doing this.

Again, I'm so sorry if my post was no help. I just couldn't leave the post without replying back to your questions.

Good luck <3