View Single Post
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17

Re: Do you/Would you only date someone of the same religion (or lack of)? - September 13th 2011, 08:00 PM

I personally don't care what someone else's religion is as long as they don't try to force me. However, in past times when I have dated someone more trending towards Christian/Catholic/etc they could not tolerate my religious choices even when they said it didn't matter, and so because of this I have been reluctant to date them again. This doesn't mean I would not be willing to try so again, if they really meant what they said about not asking me to convert.

I tend to date people along the same paths as me, though not strictly in the same religion. I'm a satanist and have never had a problem dating athiests, agnostics, pagans, etc. I think this is because those raised in the Catholic religion (like myself, actually) have been taught that "Satan" is something to be feared, and the name of my religion scares them. I don't know for sure of course, it's just a theory.

Similar values and beliefs are the most important to me. I don't mind a little controversy with some things, but I would prefer that we both agree with the basic rules of satanism (most people do whether they realize it or not, since it's just stuff like don't hurt children and be polite in other people's houses), and that doesn't require the same religion. What might require a lack of religion is that if we have children I would like to give them the choice. If they would like to go to church, they may. If they want to follow a different religious path, they may. People strongly attached to their own religion often want their children to follow it, so anyone strongly attached to any religion, even mine, probably isn't a great match for me.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2