View Single Post
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Points: 11,344, Level: 15 Points: 11,344, Level: 15 Points: 11,344, Level: 15

Re: Do you/Would you only date someone of the same religion (or lack of)? - September 16th 2011, 06:14 PM

I tend to be very powerful in my emotions when it comes to religion and politics. It becomes kind of hard to be friends with somebody who is an extremist. I'm a Christian but I'm not an extreme Christian. I don't mind those who are, and I have two friends who are but I probably would never date her or him.. Actually, I know I would never date either of them. xD My brother was an extreme Atheist for a while and that drove me nuts too. When somebody is an extremist they tend to somehow make everything about their religion (or lack there of) and then I can't help but put in my two cents. Despite how calm and rational we both try to be it usually escalates. My girlfriend and I are both neutral Christians. We get along great and when something is hard we pray for each other. That being said, she was there for me when I was trying to find my religion. There was a point in time when I couldn't figure out if I was Christian or agnostic and she was there for me through all of that. Now we are both established Christians. I think it's just easier to find some common grounds (beliefs and whatnot) if you are of the same faith.