Thread: my ex raped me
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 12,309, Level: 16 Points: 12,309, Level: 16 Points: 12,309, Level: 16

Re: my ex raped me - September 18th 2011, 09:34 PM

Aw hun. No-one EVER deserves to be raped. And there's nothing wrong with flirting with someone you wanted to be in a relationship with, its not your fault at all that it turned bad and he (Chris) turned out to be a horrible person. Going to your grandma's might be a good idea- Shawn sounds like a great guy and I'm sure he would respect your feelings with regards to sex (especially since he knows everything you've been through) but it might be good to have some time out to sort yourself out, which being at your Grans would allow you to do.

If you can, it would be a good idea to tell the police. If you're going to keep the baby you ought to tell Chris that it is his but it doesn't sound like he would exactly make a good father. With regards to you making a good mother- no-one is 100% confident about having a baby. You might find that it would work out just fine; lots of people have babies young and make great mothers. If you think it would be too much to deal with thats fine too; have you considered putting your baby up for adoption? It obviously wouldn't be easy but is a better option than abortion if you don't want to do that.

Also have you seen a doctor yet? Or a school counsellor? I don't know how it works in other countries but in the UK there is plenty of support out there once you are brave enough to ask for it.

Remember, none of this is your fault. Your parents reaction is completely unfair; hopefully they'll come round; but its great that you have at least two people in your life (shawn and your grandma) who you can trust. Stay strong and things will get better.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.