(#18 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: There's a Doctor in the house! - September 26th 2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TJ. View Post
Not to be a downer here. But is there anyway you could confirm that you're really a doctor with a staff member here? I'm sure it would make everyone feel much easier knowing you're not just random guy faking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin'Panda View Post
I agree with TJ to be honest, is there a way you could fax your certificate? or scan it in to the computer and send it to Rob or something? I think if someone is going to be a "Doctor" on TH, one of the admins should see proof...
Welcome to TeenHelp
First, thanks to all for the welcome. I appreciate it.

I did notify Adms and have yet to hear back. It would have been preferable for my participation to come about thru some kind of official recognition, maybe an announcement and even a special forum for those looking for professional advice.. I understand the desire for some form of confirmation of who I am, yet there would always be some who would doubt the authenticity of anything presented online. And frankly, I'm not so crazy about my own personal info being in cyberspace forever. So, like most things online, there's an element of trust involved. I'm confident that those who take the time to get to know me will see that the knowledge and sophistication of my responses couldn't come from a wannabee. Besides, as I've said elsewhere, impersonating a psychologist is a crime, I'd be subject to arrest, even online.

If the consensus is that I shouldn't be here, I'm happy to leave without any drama. However, I'd like to think the issue is more about quality (which is demonstrable) not credentials (which aren't).

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.