Thread: Triggering: Cutting.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jay07 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,795, Level: 12 Points: 7,795, Level: 12 Points: 7,795, Level: 12

Re: Cutting. - September 26th 2011, 07:28 PM

ohmy. i know this is tough. i haven't been cutting for nearly as long as you have..actually a lot less..but now my parents know that i cut myself. I thought what you thought..that they would be disappointed.
My mom told me:

"I'm not disappointed in you. I just care so much about you and want to do anything and everything to get you feeling healthy."

Your parents won't be disappointed. Just blurt it out.
It made such a difference for me already..it's only been about 6 days. YES i do have urges to cut again but I'm working on gaining my trust back. I tell my parents when the urges come and i am starting therapy on monday. PLEASE PLEASE talk to someone. They will help youu. It really is helping me..and i know it is still early on for recovery but if it is getting better now i hoping it will continue.
Take what i told you into consideration. People WILL understand. Help WILL come and you WILL feel good.
I know it's hard to do and to believe. I read theses post and thought.."no I'm fine" "nothings wrong with SH" but since i stopped..only 6 days ago..i already feel less depressed and more open to people and willing to be try.