View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: Help-Last year of college, hate my major and im scared about the future - September 30th 2011, 04:16 PM

I'm glad you found my response helpful!

Listen, I think you have to trust your judgment, think back to what inspired you to study law in the first place, what the inspiration or spark was. Then ask yourself if you're usually right about those kinds of things, do you believe your judgments (esp. about yourself) are usually correct? People who go into a profession and go thru college to accomplish that goal are typically pretty smart, those decisions are usually not made impulsively. What I'm suggesting in your case is to focus not so much on the classroom/college experience of law (which really isn't reflective of the practice of law) but rather your own understanding of yourself.

Real life really is different than college, preparation (College) for any profession isn't like the actual practice (or employment) of it, your doubt isn't necessarily founded in accuracy. Really give consideration of taking just one more test (the Bar) and see how it all feels after you've made that transition and are actually using all that you've learned IRL.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.