View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: College Protest against Proposed Califorinia Bill to Allow Colleges to consider ethnicity/gender in Admissions - October 3rd 2011, 12:24 AM

By adding race in as a factor, we are insinuating that because you are of "X" race, you are not as good/talented/skilled as person of "Y" race, thereby propagating a "victimized mentalaty". If we continue to insinuate that "Oh, because you are X we need to help you because you aren't able to do it on your own", then maybe we'll eventually make that idea a reality. If the people of X race need our help because they are less able, then we shouldn't give it to them (as it would be better used on someone who was naturally good). Everyone is equally able, and therefore race shouldn't be a factor, or, we should have the right to discriminate based on race (both ways).

How about we stop asking about race, as Morgan Freeman said, "I am not a white man, or a black man, I am a human".
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 729750 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!