View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19

Doctor won't help ... - October 6th 2011, 01:54 AM

I've had the same symptoms for months now and my doctor keeps brushing it off and won't help.
I have a constantly sore throat, not like I can't talk etc but the back on one side when I look is swollen and it looks like there's blood on that side rather than just pink like the other side. I'm also constantly (excuse the grossness) coughing up green stuff sometimes a little blood, without having a cold or even just a stuffy nose. The past few times I've been to the doctor he's put me on antibiotics for throat/chest infections "just in case". He says he doesn't think I have one but he gives me them anyway, and they don't help. It's getting more and more painful but he won't try anything else. I saw another doctor and they said they said I was making it up. I put off seeing the doctor until I can't bear it anymore because I'm kind of sick of being told I'm fine / making up when I'm in so much pain.
I'm also constantly exhausted. I often only get a few hours sleep. I've tried restricting caffeine, not taking naps, sleeping tablets etc but nothing works. It's getting to the point no matter how hard I try I end up falling asleep during the day ... today it got to 9.30am and I couldn't stay awake anymore, and last night I actually managed to sleep for 6 hours which is way more than usual. When I mentioned it to the doctors I've seen recently they just said "that's unfortunate" ...

I don't know what to do. How can I make people listen? I don't see how they can say I'm making it up ... maybe if I was in there constantly but I'm not I've been maybe 4/5 times in the past 8 months and two of those were about my pill. I can't handle this much longer ... can't function properly anymore.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/