View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19

Re: Doctor won't help ... - October 6th 2011, 09:23 AM

I have no medical record here as I only moved in Feb ... but no there's nothing on there. At the beginning of the year I ended up in A&E in agony with my throat, and the doctor I saw said I was making it up because my tonsils hadn't dropped so there was no infection ... but another overheard it and told her not to jump to conclusions, something about lots of throat infections stopping the tonsils working properly and on reexamination said it was really bad ... I don't know whether she put anything on a record but it would have been removed / corrected, plus that was at the hospital not doctors :/ And regardless of the just moving thing, there was nothing on my record at home either

The mucus is green. I wouldn't stress if it was clear. To be fair I don't even like stressing cos it's green, I only stress when I can't deal with the pain etc. As for the blood, I do assume it's just from the coughing cos it's such small amounts. I have an inhaler for my asthma, I have a couple at the moment. I've tried taking them for the cough but it's not helping.

I always put off medical problems because I hate making a big deal out of them. My sister got in a fair bit of trouble a year or so ago for making up symptoms and wasting doctors time so I'd never dream of doing it.

And I saw a different doctor at the surgery but got more or less the same reaction ... and I have an appointment with another next week to try and get more help. I just don't know how to make them listen without sitting and saying "I'm not making it up" ... that kind of raises alarm bells :/

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/