View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23 Points: 25,325, Level: 23

Re: Church outraged over 9 year old rape victim having abortion - March 6th 2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
Hi R.K.!!

I hope you're OK.

You have be far more discerning than that!! Do you believe everything 'man' tells you? Besides - if you really want to know God - you can read the Bible FOR YOURSELF!! And THEN decide for yourself what you believe. Don't rely on 'man' or 'religion' to read it for you and then TELL YOU what THEY think it means. I understand what you're saying - but how else do you expect God to reveal Himself to you? It should be noted that I didn't become a Christian because of the Christians I was surrounded by when I was growing up.

The Bible tells us that there is no one between us and God other than Jesus. We don't require the pre-approval of 'man' or 'religion' in order to become part of God's family.
The Bible was written by man, whether or not it is the word of God is open to interpretation. As is common knowledge many things can get lost in translation from the original content to translating it into English which distorts meanings (in any medium).

And what about recommunication into the church? If one was excommunicated then it would surely require pre-approval? Also, since the church preaches forgiveness it would have to give said person another chance.

I'd expect God to reveal himself to me like the grass does, or the Coriolis Effect does, unless it can be scientifically proven and it repeatable and reproducible then it does not exist in my opinion