View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: College Anxiety!! HELP!! - October 24th 2011, 06:50 PM

Hi Samantha,

I know a bit about psychology , let me see if i can help you out.

First,, gratz on your choice here, teaching is a wonderful profession, a good teacher is remembered for a life time. Think: Who was your Kindergarten teacher? Or your favorite teacher in High School? See?, everyone remembers.

Second, some schools require specific majors and minors for 'educators', the course work for a degree in education differ btw'n colleges, it's best to check with the ones you're interested in. Talk with the interviewer about this and ask, and don't forget that once you start college you'll be working with an adviser who will help, too. Course selection or major/minor choice isn't something you need to decide now (you don't have enough info), and surely not something you need to make all alone!

Lastly, all things being equal, if you get to choose a minor, that choice should be based not only on what would 'help' with your profession, but also what you'd enjoy, too. School isn't always about prerequisites and complimentarity of course work, but also about personal (intellectual) fulfillment. The things that you might need later on (like a foreign language or psychology) can be acquired as the need arises, you don't need to anticipate everything just yet.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.