Thread: Triggering (Bullying): Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay'
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 2nd 2011, 10:24 PM

Just out of spite towards political correctness... I'm inclined to even somewhat support what the teacher said. In fact, it was very practical advice. Being gay is fine, or lesbian. Talking in strange accents, and generally behaving "strange"... ahem... is simply strange, and although I wouldn't necessarily say it's gay, it's part of the reason people get bullied. It has little to do with being gay... although I'm inclined to think there is some correlation.

But... it does make it look like the teacher who said it doesn't care much. There is a certain extent to which kids can help themselves, hence the advice given is practical, whether you like it or not. But it's the teacher's job also to help the kids... which this is quite a bad example of.

Definitely shouldn't be sacked for homophobic comments. I'd feel sick if they were, it would again be political correctness going rampant.

I've known of idiots who pulled a gay act, simply to draw attention to themselves. I mean... where the fuck is society going to with this??? The guy wasn't even gay it turned out. There are people using this whole bullshit to their advantage because they KNOW it's crapped up. It's almost as if being gay is encouraged sometimes... because you suddenly have political correctness shielding you from almost everything, no one's allowed to be rude to you etc. I hate it. In fact, if I ticked a box saying I'm gay, from Pakistan and Jewish on every job I've tried applying to, I'd probably get three times as many job interviews. I should also say I have dyslexia or something. Goddamit. I'm ranting now.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; November 2nd 2011 at 11:28 PM.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!