View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 3rd 2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
Marguerite: If in the case of the black child, if he was intentionally behaving like a "gangster" I would give the same piece of advice.

If the smart child was belittling his peers because of his intelligence (which smart people tend to do) I would give him the same advice.

In the case of glasses it's a douchebag move about something that cannot be controlled.

To me you shouldn't put up a fake facade and be angry when people tease you because of it. (No one who isn't apart of a gang really is "gantsa" inside, no one who is gay really feels the need to wear bright pink everyday and fake a lisp. No one who is smart really feels the need to be mean to others. It's a facade put up. If you can take that facade down to stop the teasing, bloody well do it.)

I'm not against political correctness, I'm against some gays making all of them look like jerks who are actually pretty creepy/annoying.

- Justin
Are you actually suggesting that no gay people like to wear the colour pink just because they like it? That they are all obviously doing it to be "annoying"? Because, firstly, that's a ridiculous conclusion to come to. And secondly, it shouldn't matter. Bullying is not okay regardless of whether a child "deserves" it because they act a certain way.

Also I've never found that smart kids are mean to other kids just because of their intelligence. I've found that arrogant kids are mean to other kids because of their intelligence, and being smart is not the same as being arrogant.

I think the issue comes down to a lack of training for teachers about how to deal with bullying. Which is not at all their fault. These days, schools are so concerned about "looking good" that they don't want to admit that they have problems with bullying, drugs, cheating, so on. So they just sweep it under the rug instead of actually dealing with the problem.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!