(#20 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 3rd 2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
Shimmering Fairre: No, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is being this:

in highschool is looking to be teased. No one is truly like that unless they are a transgendered person, which is again fine, but when acting in this mannerism intentionally and bitching when you get teased is stupid. It's again the same thing as: no all straight people feel the need to walk around all day and tell everyone how straight they are. Be like that, but suck it up, or don't act like a stereotypical gay/black/white and there will be nothing to tease anymore.

When acting in a stereotypial manner, expect to be treated stereotypically.

Again though. I'm not racist, anti-gay or anything like that, but honestly some people take pride in their race, sexuality, or gender too far.
- Justin
So people don't have the right to dress and look the way they want to? Since when? Seriously, people have the right to dress in this way, as a woman, as a man, as a chimpanzee for that matter. It doesn't give someone the right to bully that person. That's like wearing my favorite band on a tshirt and being called "emo" because they are a slow, rockish band. Is that fair? NO. Obviously, you're going to be hurt if you get bullied/teased/whatever. No one ASKS to get their feelings hurt. They just want to express who they are based on their looks and how they act. I think pride in one's race, sexuality, and gender is GREAT and there's no "taking it too far". Everyone deserves to be treated equally no matter how they look, act, speak, where they come from, etc. There is NO excuse for bullying. Period.
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!