Thread: Triggering (Bullying): Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay'
View Single Post
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 4th 2011, 08:14 PM

I don't see the comments as homophobic. They aren't telling them to stop being gay. They aren't telling them that they deserve what they are getting because they are gay. All they are saying is that if they want to counteract some of the bullying they probably shouldn't act so flamboyant. Which honestly isn't horrible advice. There is no reason for a child in middle school or even high school to be acting over the top flamboyant. Honestly I have never understood that personality trait, I mean most girls don't even act that way. Personally I don't care what anyone's sexuality is and I think that if someone feels that they need to have a personality that screams their sexuality then they have issues. That doesn't mean that they deserve to be bullied, but honestly if the solution to stop the bullying is as simple as changing the way you act about certain people, what's the big deal?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!