forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 5th 2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe.in.hope View Post

So people don't have the right to dress and look the way they want to? Since when? Seriously, people have the right to dress in this way, as a woman, as a man, as a chimpanzee for that matter. It doesn't give someone the right to bully that person. That's like wearing my favorite band on a tshirt and being called "emo" because they are a slow, rockish band. Is that fair? NO. Obviously, you're going to be hurt if you get bullied/teased/whatever. No one ASKS to get their feelings hurt. They just want to express who they are based on their looks and how they act. I think pride in one's race, sexuality, and gender is GREAT and there's no "taking it too far". Everyone deserves to be treated equally no matter how they look, act, speak, where they come from, etc. There is NO excuse for bullying. Period.
Actually you're completely wrong in this instance.

While you may wear what you want, you have to accept the consequences of doing so. If I come in in a one-piece latex suit thing, then I'm going to get the piss taken out of me. That's how it works. Yes you have the right to do so, but if you dress differently you have to accept the consequences of doing so.

I don't think the advice was even that bad. The reason he was being bullied was his flamboyance. By acting flamboyant he's singling himself out for bullying, because bullies look for someone who's very different from the rest and tease them because of it. There's no reason you can't be gay and not be flamboyant. While a better solution would be to simply expel the bullies, I don't feel that, in themselves, the comments were in any way homophobic, I think the teacher just wanted to help.

Last edited by forfrosne; November 5th 2011 at 11:58 AM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!