View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
thefirstlady Offline
Average Joe

Name: Morgan

Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14

Re: Infected Cartilage piercing--what to do? - November 16th 2011, 04:53 AM

It is a cartilage piercing, they take a while to heal as they can get irritated very easily. Even gently bumping it can irritate it enough to delay healing time. Same with sleeping on it funny. Use NON-IODIZED sea-salt and mix some with warm water, not hot. Soak your ear in this solution around 2-3 times a day. Especially when you wake up/after you shower if you do so in the morning.

As for the bioflex materials mentioned by the previous poster, never ever ever use them in a piercing that isn't fully healed. They can harbor bacteria and cause infection making the problem worse and potentially life threatening. Always use them in a healed piercings only since they are not sterilized. Don't get me wrong here, I love bioflex pieces and use them myself in piercings of mine; but always use surgical stainless steal in fresh piercings until they are fully healed.

Chances are that because you took out the jewelry the piercing closed up since it wasn't fully healed. You'll have to wait for it to heal fully then get it re-pierced. Always, always, go to a professional piercer and have them do it. The environment is sterile and they use needles which cause less trauma to the area.