(#9 (permalink)) Old
thefirstlady Offline
Average Joe

Name: Morgan

Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14 Points: 9,423, Level: 14

Re: Infected Cartilage piercing--what to do? - November 18th 2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeToMoveIt View Post
Oh geez... it was like thirty bucks or something at claire's. :/ I'm pretty sure it'll have to come out of my own pocket if I have to do that. Could I maybe get it done at wal-mart instead, and just have them re-pierced the original hole then put the ring I want in it?

But do all that sea salt stuff first?
That's part of the problem. Since you got it done at Claire's it was done by a piercing gun. That creates so much trauma to the ear, especially with cartilage. Next time please go to a professional piercer at a tattoo shop. It will be a lot cleaner procedure, not to mention a needle causes far less trauma, leading to faster healing times. Instead of pushing the tissues to the side of the jewelry like the gun, it will just take that section of tissues out. Not to mention it's a sharp single use needle over a dull earring stud being used to pierce it. It will be around the same price you paid before. I know our shop charges $40 for the piercing and jewelry which is pretty standard and the quality of jewelry is better than places like Claire's. I mean would you rather have someone with barely any training use a piercing gun that just get's wiped down with alcohol wipes and does more damage than anything, or someone with lots of training in something they do for a living with sterile, single-use, equipment? You know what I mean?

If you still have an earring in it, continue doing the sea salt soaks. If not, just keep it clean and let it heal fully before getting it re-pierced.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.