View Single Post
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - November 19th 2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I have sympathy for the family but not for the girl because that's like saying I have sympathy for someone who is blinded by selfishness and doesn't give a crap about their family.

I find the whole thing to be skeptical because she tells her mother some kids are bullying her and her mother listens, so in return the girl decides it's time to become a fixture of her closet? I know people aren't always rational, especially when they're stressed but if you're getting the response you want from someone who could help, why would you crap all over that and call it quits, so to speak?
I do agree that suicide is wrong reguardless of age, but we do have to remember that she was only 10 and not using logic. At that age, it's very rare that they know how to rationalize it and say "this is only temporary; it will get better". Ten year olds rarely look at the long term. All that she was thinking was probably "This hurts too bad right now, I can't take it any more."