View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: Infected Cartilage piercing--what to do? - November 24th 2011, 11:10 PM

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I didn't know that it was such a mistake to get it done at a place like claire's :/ All the information's appreciated should I decide to get another piercing, however, I wasn't too enthralled to go get it re-done and pay forty bucks, so I treated the infection with sea salt, alchohol, rubbed neosporin on it (xD), the little bump deflated and I kind of scraped it off (gross, I know, but it looks MUCH less gross now actually xD). After that, I could see the hole, so I put neosporin on it for another day and tried to get the stud through--It bled, but I got it all the way through, though my ear's still kind of red, I'm just going to keep doing all that good stuff until it's completely gone.

I understand now that I really should have gotten it done at a more refutable shop, but now my question is, will this do? Say, I keep treating the infection, and that goes away, is it all going to be peachy keen?? Or is that business with the tissue (how it got "pushed aside" instead) going to keep this from ever healing properly?