View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 15,135, Level: 17 Points: 15,135, Level: 17 Points: 15,135, Level: 17

Re: The Economy, College, and the BS You're Fed in HS - November 28th 2011, 08:02 AM

For the most part I'd have to say I'd agree. There's a lot of bs going around that you have to go to the BEST school no mater what. Which means just a high tuition and more exspenses to pay after college. So really, do you need a BA/BS in whatever from university of give me $50k+ a year? Not really.

If your going to get a degree in law, medicine or some other fancy ass degree that have being able to say you went to blah blah blah school will help in the application processes and help give you a little more respect in your career field, then don't do it. Like with the OP, if your getting a major in CJ and it's a heck of a lot cheaper to go to blah blah blah school over XXX school (when the quality of the criculum doesn't differ to muchh) then pich the cheaper school. It will help you so much more in the long run.

As far as needing a degree goes, yes I do think you need one now a days if you don't want to be working at Walmart or wawa your whole life. I seriously doubt anyone wants that.
Many good jobs are requiring you to have some type of higher education or military exp., and for promotions it's almost a garuntee you'll need one. But a good thing, most companies arnt saying you need a spacific degree, just a degree, which makes it easier.

As far as work exp, its really not that hard to do. Work 2 summers, there's a year. Become a vol. firefighter. You get spacIfic training, leadership skills and for every year your with them, that's a years worth of working exp. and on top of that, many states have pensions for vol. fire fighters, so after 15/20 years of service, you get like 5-12k a year, which isn't half bad.

Hopefully this all made sense, cause its like 4 here and I haven't been to bad yet