View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: The Economy, College, and the BS You're Fed in HS - November 28th 2011, 05:45 PM

Thank you, I couldn't agree more, I graduated college in May (granted my degree's in psychology) I got rejected from grad school and can't try again until at least May and now I'm screwed because I'm not even qualified to work at Target and every application I've submitted has either been ignored or rejected. Most places want experience that I never got, or the degree that I'm eventually hoping to get. You would think that with the economy this bad companies would lower their standards a little. I found a job I could actually do, but I couldn't apply because you needed 5 years of experience; I mean COME ON!

High school didn't teach me to go to college, but my parents did, they just expected and basically forced me to go. When I ended up at a 2 year school to start out with my dad pretty much threw a fit until he saw how much money it saved him. They paid for it with no conditions on grades or major and I wanted to go, but it doesn't qualify me to do anything except try to get into grad school aka dig myself deeper into debt and then I can finally do what I planned to do in the first place.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte