I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: self harm scars at work - December 18th 2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
Hi there.

Honestly? What I think you should do ... Act like they aren't there. Why? Because your scars don't reflect who you are as a person, they don't make you less of a person or make you look 'weak'. I can understand that this might be hard for you, but maybe this is part of your process of recovery. And if people ask, tell them, say you once went through a rough time and found this as a way to cope or just tell them it's none of their business, because it really isn't. There scars prove you were strong enough to fight through those hard times, they don't make you less of a person. Be confident with them, there is nothing wrong.

Alternatively, if you really don't want to do that, could you try and wear a long sleeved top underneath your work uniform? Or maybe try covering them with make up?

Here is a quote from the book 'The other hand' I am reading ...

You have a story, you have the scars, you are the story teller. Be proud that you fought through what ever you have been through and that you survived.

Jessie.
I am in awe of this girl right now. There's really nothing else for me to say on the matter. Just remember that you are beautiful and your scars represent all you are fighting through. They don't make you a bad person. Good luck tomorrow!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 775906 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!