View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17

Angry Does this Happen to Any of You Guys? (Alcohol) - January 5th 2012, 07:21 AM

So, when I was a bit younger (about 2 years to be exact), I got introduced to alcohol, and parties with alcohol... Being the immature person I was back then, I drank my heart out at these gatherings and parties, even pre - drinking with friends before events where no alcohol was allowed. Obviously, for the duration of these 2 years, I came home extremely drunk, always throwing up and passing out on the floor.

So what does this have to do with my question? Well, there was this one time (at a friend's party), where I drank way too much... I literally passed out right where I was sitting, filling buckets with vomit. Ever since, I haven't been able to drink...

Every time I go to gatherings and parties, I try to down some shots of whatever's there, and there's an instant gag - reflex, even before the liquor touches my mouth. I simply have an extremely difficult time digesting alcohol now, I just can't drink anymore.

I've already been told by a friend that it may be my body rejecting alcohol since it has had bad experiences with it. Even if this theory is true, would there be any way to solve it? I'm not the same person I used to be anymore so I'm obviously not gonna go out only to get piss drunk, but it would be nice to have a drink here and there and to have a good time with friends from time to time. It's honestly becoming a big problem as it's simply prohibiting me from having a good time outside of school.

So anyways, does this happen to anyone? If so, what have you done to try to get over it? If it hasn't, what do you think is causing it? I've already tried resting for a really long period of time...

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar