Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Is this an eating disorder? - January 14th 2012, 08:55 PM

Hey there,

I'm actually going to back up a bit and maybe sound a bit contrary to what others here have said. We can't diagnose you with an eating disorder, nor can we tell you what you're doing is or isn't one. We do not have that power, and we do not have the knowledge of eating disorders a doctor is.

From the knowledge I do have, you probably do not have eating disorders such as Anorexia or Bulimia Nervosa. These eating disorders have very specific requirements, from number of calories you eat, weight you are, ext, things you cannot share on TeenHelp anyway because of their triggering nature. But from my own knowledge you probably do not have one of these, because of how restrictive the diagnosis are. HOWEVER, that does not mean you do not have an eating disorder. You may have something known as an Eating Disorder not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS). I do not know if you do or not.

This is something you need to see a doctor about, and come out to your family about your habits. For one, even without ED like bahavior, the cutting in itself can very much harm you, and the path you are taking is very well on the road to an eating disorder, whether or not you have one or not. I'm going to leave you with the Alternatives to Self Harm page. Here, you can find many alternatives to harming yourself, from ways to distract yourself, to ways to simulate the feelings of pain. Many of these help with eating disorder triggers as well. I would really recommend telling an adult you trust, and helping yourself before these feelings continue.

Message me at any time, I'm always around. And feel free to come back to this forum as well, we're always here to help and support you!

something burning?