View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

Re: Age of consent/going to the doctor? - January 18th 2012, 03:01 PM

I would double check that it's certainly against the law. Most places, although they have strict laws for age on consent, they generally don't apply to two MINORS of the same age having sex. If they do, no one really gives a shit.

If that's the case, which I bet it is, worst that could happen? They tell your parents. But, if the doctor is a cool guy, there's a good chance he won't. Obviously Doctor-Patient confidentiality doesn't apply to minors, but a lot of doctors don't feel the need to tell your parents every little thing. They'd rather you be honest with them, and only tell parents if they believe you're in danger or are sick. I've had numerous doctors ask my mom to leave the room so they could ask me questions like that, knowing I would never answer truthfully if she was there.

Alcohol is one thing, it's against the law, and most people view it as more dangerous. Sex isn't, it's just something teenagers do.

However, you'd have to figure out how you're going to pay for it. It's not always cheap, and if you plan to use insurance, your parents will certainly know you at least went to the doctor without them, and thus get suspicious.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.